Get Inspired: Top 20 Best Travel Quotes
If you are anything like me or someone who might read a travel blog (just a guess), you love quotes about travel.
Short quotes, funny quotes, deep, emotional, inspiring quotes- if they are about travel, I love them. When I’m in a funk, need some motivation, or just want to remember how great travel can be for the soul, I turn to some of my favorite travel quotes. So I thought I’d share the best travel quotes with you, in case you are in need of some reminding or inspiration too!
So here you go, my favorite travel quotes!
- The farther I travel, the closer I am to myself.” – Andrew McCarthy
- “I always wonder why birds stay in the same place when they can fly anywhere on Earth. Then I ask myself the same question.” – Harun Yahy
- “We travel not to escape life but for life not to escape us.” – Unknown
- “I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “You can’t have a narrow mind and a thick passport.” – Pauline Frommer
- “It feels good to be lost in the right direction.” – Unknown
- “Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The Journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step” – Lao Tzu
- “A journey is best measured in friends, not miles.” – Tim Cahill
- “A journey is a person in itself; no two are alike. And all plans, safeguards, policies and coercion are fruitless.We find after years of struggle that we do not take a trip; a trip takes us.” – John Steinbeck
- “Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled.” – Mohammed or Anonymous depending on the source
- “The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “Better to see something once than to hear about it a thousand times.”- Proverb
- “Don’t be scared to walk alone. Don’t be scared to like it. ” – John Mayer
- “I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag
- “When you travel, remember that a foreign country is not designed to make you comfortable. It is designed to make its own people comfortable.” – Clifton Fadiman
- “When preparing to travel, lay out all your clothes and all your money. Then take half the clothes and twice the money.”- Susan Heller (and my mama)
- “You’ll miss the best things if you keep your eyes shut.”- Dr. Seuss
- “Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.” – Unknown
- “Somewhere on your journey don’t forget to turn around and enjoy the view.” – Unknown
Do you have a favorite? Add it in the comments below!